Friday, 27 February 2015
Parish Email: February 27, 2015
Hello St. Paul’s Family
Here are a few things you may need to know.
Men’s Breakfast –
Saturday February 28th at 8am in the hall
The Dean is away 250-376-1288 – 4 at the Liturgical Task Force – for all pastoral concerns please contact Sandra Sugden @
Lenten Lectures - St. Paul’s Cathedral Lenten Lecture Series 2015
Thursdays in Lent: 12:15 – 12:45 pm
Light Lunch to follow
ALL ARE WELCOME!
March 5: Dawne Taylor: The Way of Worship and Work
March 12: Ron and Jennifer Ste. Marie The Camino
March 19: Dan Hines: Wayfinding
March 26: Ian Chadwick: The Pilgrims Progress
April 2: Louise Peters: Missional Pilgrimage Practices
World Day of Prayer services will be held on at Hills of Peace Lutheran Church, 695 Robson Drive and at at Salvation Army Church – 344 Poplar Street, North Kamloops. Everyone is welcome to join us for worship written by women of the Bahamas.
Want more information? Check out this link
Time Change –Spring forward on March 8th. Before you go to bed on March 7thturn your clocks forward 1 hour.
Chapel refurbishment will begin on March 9th. The office will be relocated during this time to the upstairs area.
St. George’s Spring Fundraiser –
Fox N’ Hounds Pub BBQ night & Silent Auction
$15 – for tickets call 250-554-0452
On Saturday March 14/2014, there will be a fund raiser concert for the Kamloops Hospice Association. The concert will start at at St. Paul’s Anglican Church. Featured performers will include large and small brass ensembles, piano, organ, flute, hand bell choir, etc. Entrance is by donation at the door. Refreshments and light snacks will be available following the concert.
The Thompson Valley Orchestra presents ROMANTIC INTERLUDES. Music from the classics to jazz and more with special guest: Ingrid Mapson Mezzo Soprano. at Calvary Community Church. 1205 Rogers Way.
Please mark your calendars for Sunday, April 12, 2015 as we host a dinner and celebration to honor Louise. More details to come.
The Dean is leaving. What happens next?
- Bishop Barbara will appoint an interim. She is already working on this and ideally the same person will be with us until our new Dean arrives.
- The Bishop will invite people from St. Paul's to submit nominations to be on a search committee. These can be from people offering themselves, or from others who wish to nominate another parishioner. The Bishop will select 6 or so from these nominations, with broad representation, to be on the search committee. She will also appoint a consultant to represent APCI.
- The search committee will organize a parish day or days to compile a parish profile
- Bishop Barbara will post the position. Each applicant will be sent the parish profile and invited to respond
- Bishop Barbara will interview all applicants, either by teleconference, or by Skype, and will make a short list of suitable candidates
- The St. Paul's search committee will interview those on the short list, and make a choice
It will probably be at least a year until we have a new Dean and Rector at St. Paul's. During this time, the Bishop and the Reverend Sandra Sugden will provide pastoral care, along with the interim when named.
Louise's last day will be Easter . Sandra Sugden will be leading worship and providing pastoral care until . Bishop Barbara will lead worship on .
Please contact the wardens, Sandra or Bishop Barbara if you have any questions or concerns.
The Bishop asks that parishioners interested in serving on the Personnel Committee to search for our new Dean and Rector submit a nomination form. She will select 6 – 8 people from names submitted. The Bishop will also appoint an APCI representative and a consultant to this committee. Nomination forms or downloads are available from St. Paul's office, and on Sundays from the wardens. Please return the signed form to St. Paul's office in an envelope marked "Bishop Barbara" no later than . The Committee will be named on . More information about the work of the Personnel Committee is available from St. Paul's office.
Posted by St. Paul's Info Blog at 12:28